Dorothy Day Tripper
A vintage-inspired carry-all that includes a zipper, piping, and two large pocket panels (one large pocket on the outside and 2 small ones on the inside). This is great for a short day or weekend trip, an airline carry-on, or just as a large purse. This would also make a great kid’s overnight bag! You will need 1/2 yard additional fabric if you are making your own piping.
Currently only available as a downloadable pattern.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- 15″ wide at bottom
- 13″ wide at top
- 9″ tall
- 4″ deep
- 1 yard exterior fabric, quilting or home decor weight
- 1 1/2 yards lining fabric, quilting weight
- 4 yards 5/32” cotton cording or 2 packages of pre-made piping
- 3 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 1/2 yard foam interfacing (Soft & Stable, headliner)
- 24″ all-purpose zipper
- Coordinating thread
- Fabric glue
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 3/4
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.
Please note: Shipments are going to be delayed this month. Orders for paper patterns (wholesale orders included) and materials placed after 3/9 will be shipped the last week of March. Downloadable patterns will still be available immediately by clicking "My Downloads".