Dottie Vintage Handbag
This pattern has been retired and is no longer available for purchase.
The Dottie Vintage Bag is a retro-inspired handbag that is great the way it is, or easily modifiable for the advanced sewer. This pattern is a great way to practice making your own piping. The lining includes a small zippered pocket, and a large main compartment. There are tips included to make this into an insulated lunch bag or vanity bag for your cosmetics.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- 12” wide
- 7.5” tall
- 4” deep
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight contrasting fabric
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 2 1/2 yards 4/32” cotton cording (or premade piping)
- 1/2 yard foam interfacing (Soft & Stable, headliner)
- 1 yard woven fusible interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 14” all-purpose zipper
- 6” all-purpose zipper
- Coordinating thread
- Fabric glue
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 3/4 You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.
Please note: Shipments are going to be delayed this month. Orders for paper patterns (wholesale orders included) and materials placed after 3/9 will be shipped the last week of March. Downloadable patterns will still be available immediately by clicking "My Downloads".