My newest contribution to Bag of the Month Club is the Louise Barrel Bag for May 2017! It has been added to all Bag of the Month Club subscription accounts.
If you aren’t a member, click here to sign up!
Louise is a stylish and unique take on the timeless barrel bag. The extra long zipper opens wide for easy access and gives the bag its classic shape by snapping to the sides. One interior pocket holds any small items and the pattern includes an optional shoulder strap in addition to the handles. Instructions are included for using both vinyl and woven fabrics.
Made by Michelle at Barabooboo:
Made by Sandra at Sew Sandra:
Made by Erin at Diedelbug Handmade:
Made by Brianne at Cookies & Bees:
Made by Jennifer at Sincerely Jen (along with the pattern cover!):
• 1/3 yard (30cm) 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric
• 1/2 yard (45cm) 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
• 1/2 yard (45cm) woven or vinyl contrasting fabric
• 1/3 yard (30cm) foam interfacing (Pellon Flexfoam FF77)
• 1/4 yard (20cm) fusible fleece (Pellon Thermolam TP971F)
• 1/3 yard (30cm) fusible web (Pellon WonderUnder 805)
• 1/4 yard (2.20cm) fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
• 2 1/2 yards (2.25m) fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
• 16” (40cm) all-purpose zipper (Main Zipper)
• 7” (18cm) all-purpose zipper (Lining Pocket)
• Four 3/4” (19mm) rectangle rings
• Two snap fasteners
• Two 1/2” (12mm) D-rings or O-rings (Shoulder Strap) (optional)
• Two 3/4” (19mm) swivel clips (Shoulder Strap) (optional)
• Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac) (optional)
• Coordinating thread
For more photos, click here to join the Bag of the Month Club Facebook Group!