This bag is very easy to make and relatively fast, too. A zippered gusset turns a sleek messenger-style bag into a mid sized shoulder bag. Instructions and pattern pieces are included for using either vinyl fabric or all woven fabric. Introducing the Sadie Expandable Bag!
Sadie is currently only available as part of the Bag of the Month Club, but will be released on its own in January 2017, in both PDF and paper format.
• 1/3 yard (30cm) 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric
• 3/4 yard (70cm) 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
• 1/2 yard (45cm) non-directional woven or vinyl contrasting fabric
• 1/3 yard (30cm) fusible fleece (Pellon Thermolam TP971F)
• 3 yards (3m) fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
• 20” (50cm) all-purpose zipper (expanding gusset)
• Two 1” (2.5cm) rectangle rings
• One small turn lock or magnetic snap (flap)
• One magnetic snap (back pocket)
• Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac) (optional)
• Coordinating thread
Jennifer Greene at Sincerely Jen made this bag,
which also happens to be on the cover.
This bag was made by Erin Morris at
Diedelbug Handmade in faux leather
This bag was made by me
Melissa Magruder’s bag in Alison Glass
Visit her at Sew Sweet Melissa
Michelle at Barabooboo made two, both in black faux leather.
Elizabeth Bolton made this bag with cork fabric.
SewSandra added pretty pink piping to her Sadie
Trish at Lemon Drop Creations used gorgeous metallic essex linen