Mabel Vintage Handbag
This free sewing pattern was designed and written for Pellon. Mabel is an adorable little handbag inspired by vintage box purses of the 40's. This bag is roomy enough to carry your everyday essentials while still looking sleek and retro-stylish. It’s also the perfect size for a lunch bag with Pellon® Insul-fleece™ basted or quilted to the lining pieces, or as a cosmetics bag by using laminated or nylon fabric as the lining.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
9" wide, 6" tall, 3.5" deep
- 1/2 yd 44" wide quilting weight fabric for exterior
- 1/2 yard 44" wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 2 yards fusible Pellon® Shape-flex® SF101 interfacing
- 1 yard sew-in Pellon® Peltex® 70 stabilizer
- 1 magnetic snap or turn lock
- Coordinating thread
- Erasable marking pen
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 2/4
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.
Write Your Own Review