Inspired by mini backpack purses of the 90’s, Lucy features three pockets with a roomy interior. Grommets are optional and instructions are included to make a drawstring casing. Choose either an adjustable zippered strap which converts from a one shoulder strap to a two shoulder strap, or two separate adjustable straps.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
11” wide, 14” tall, 5.5” deep
- 2/3 yard 44” wide woven quilting weight exterior fabric
- 1 1/2 yards 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 3 1/2 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 1/3 yard fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Thermolam TP971F)
- 1/3 yard fusible firm stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- (8) 3/8” grommets and setting tools (optional)
- (4) 1” D-rings and (2) 1” strap slides
- 14” nylon coil handbag zipper (optional; for Convertible Backpack Straps)
- 11” all-purpose nylon coil zipper (Back Pocket)
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac) (optional)
- Coordinating thread
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 3/4
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.