About our Affiliates Program
What is an Affiliate? What is an Affiliate Program? How does the Swoon Patterns Affiliate Program work?
An Affiliate is usually someone who receives payment for referrals. Affiliate Programs are a way to manage the referral and approval process.
Affiliates of Swoon Patterns have a personalised link for our website that they can share in their social media posts and videos, on their website, or by email to their friends, followers or subscribers. When someone clicks on the Affiliate link and makes a purchase on our website, the Affiliate is eligible to receive a percentage of the final sale value (after any discounts.)
How much do Affiliates earn? How are Affiliates paid?
Affiliates of Swoon Patterns are eligible to receive 20% (twenty percent) of the final sale value (after any discounts) for qualifying purchases made by customers who have followed the Affiliate's link.
Affiliates are paid via PayPal (Goods & Services) after their referral commission has reached $20 USD (twenty US Dollars). We check Affiliate accounts and make payments at the beginning of every month.
How can I sign up to become an Affiliate?
- Please first read the Affilliate Agreement further down on this page.
- Create a swoonpatterns.com account, if you do not already have one.
You will need an account here on our website to sign up for the Affiliate Program. You can create a separate account to your customer account, if it is easier for you.
- Go to the 'Affiliate' tab in your website account.
- Complete the Affiliate sign-up form. Please add the link to your YouTube channel, Facebook page, or Instagram page under 'Referral website'. If you have more than one link, please use your main link and copy-paste the others into the 'Signup Message' box. You can also use the 'Signup Message' box to tell us anything else you'd like us to know about you.
- Submit your application.
We will review your application and either approve or decline your joining request. You will receive an automated email either way. We may email you during the review to check information with you.
If we approve your application to become an affiliate, please check the payment information in your account and make sure that your PayPal email address is correct. Please note that the software developer for the Affiliate Program has included different payment options in the Affiliate portal, however we only make payments by PayPal.
It is your responsibility to make sure that your PayPal email is correct. You are also responsible for any tax or insurance due on your payments. Please check your responsibilities before applying to take part in this Program. We are not liable for any claims, losses, damages or any other liabilities which arise as a result of you not declaring and paying any relevant tax or insurance for payments associated with participation in the Affiliate Program.
How can I contact you with a question about the Affiliate Program?
Please send questions about the Affiliate Program to email@example.com
Swoon Patterns Affiliate Agreement
About this Affiliate Agreement:
We have tried to write this Agreement in plain English, however if you are unsure about anything in this Agreement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not complete the application form until you have read this Agreement. By applying to join our Affiliate program you agree that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the Agreement, and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, please do not submit an application for our Affiliate Program.
We reserve the right to modify or change these terms. We will notify Affiliates by email if we do make changes to the terms.
This Affiliate Agreement (or, the ‘Agreement’) is provided by S J Hussey Ltd t/a Swoon Sewing Patterns, Sewing Patterns by Mrs H, Bag of the Month Club, The Bag Retreat, and The Make Space (also referred to as ‘Company’ or ‘Swoon Patterns’). Our primary website is www.swoonpatterns.com. Our business address is S J Hussey Ltd, 28 Cross Street, Camborne, Cornwall, TR14 8EX, United Kingdom. Our head office contact email is email@example.com, and our contact email for Swoon Patterns is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company, Us, We: Throughout the Agreement we may refer to ourselves as ‘Company’, S J Hussey Ltd, ‘Swoon Patterns, ‘us,’ ‘we,’ ‘our,’ ‘ours,’ and other first-person pronouns.
You, Affiliate: Throughout the Agreement you will be referred to as the ‘. We may also use second-person pronouns, such as ‘you,’ ‘your,’ and ‘yours.’
Affiliate Application: The fully completed form that you must complete for us to consider whether you are eligible to join the Affiliate Program.
Affiliate Program: The program that we have set up for our affiliates as described in this Agreement.
Website: Our primary website will be referred to as ‘Website’. For Swoon Patterns this is www.swoonpatterns.com
What is an Affiliate Agreement?
An affiliate agreement is a relationship where the ‘Affiliate’ is paid by a merchant or business for qualifying actions, in this case qualifying purchases completed on our website as a result of following an affiliate link.
Nature of our partnership:
Affiliates are independent contractors and not in an employment relationship with our Company.
This Agreement does not create an exclusive relationship between you and us. You are free to work with any other affiliate program providers. This agreement imposes no restrictions on us; we may work with any individual or company that we choose.
Who can apply to be an Affiliate?
Individuals at least 18 (eighteen) years of age, including:
- independent bagmaking businesses
- video content creators (such as for YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok)
- Coupon sites, voucher sites, and cashback networks.
- Anyone whose content does not align with our brand values (more information below).
- Anyone under the age of 18 (eighteen).
Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance to the Affiliate Program. We reserve the right to refuse any application for the Affiliate Program, and we reserve the right to remove affiliates from the Affiliate Program.
Reasons why we may refuse an application or remove affiliates include, but are not limited to:
- If the affiliate’s site or social media content does not align with our brand values, including but not limited to:
- Promoting discrimination based on race, sex, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age
- Promoting illegal activities
- Promoting violence
- Promoting sexually explicit materials
- Breach of the terms of our Agreement
- Use of a coupon site, voucher site, or cashback network to promote affiliate links
- Misrepresentation, such as not disclosing the affiliate relationship
- Defamatory statements by the affiliate
- If you have been inactive for a period of one year or more
Applying to be an Affiliate:
How to apply
- Please review this Agreement and our general Terms & Conditions.
- Create an account at www.swoonpatterns.com, if you do not already have an account.
- Go to the ‘Affiliates’ tab in your website account.
- Complete the Affiliate Application form.
- Submit your Application.
How does the approval process work?
All applications are reviewed by an administrator-level member of our team within a reasonable timeframe of your Application being submitted. This review will usually be within 5 (five) working days, but may take longer during our busier periods (for example, when we are hosting Bag Retreats, or during peak times for Bag of the Month Club). If there will be any delay beyond this to our reviewing your Application, we will notify you by email.
We will then either:
- send you an email requesting more information from you.
- approve your application, if you qualify for the Affiliate Program. You will receive an automated email from the website confirming your application has been approved.
- disapprove (decline) your application if you do not qualify for the Affiliate Program. You will receive an automated email from the website advising that your application has not been approved.
If your application is not approved, we may send a follow-up email with information on why your application has not been approved, and information on how to reapply, if appropriate.
If your application is approved, you will then have access to the Affiliate Portal through your customer account.
Your personal information as an affiliate:
If you have not already added an address to your swoonpatterns.com account, we may ask you to update this information. We use this information for auditing purposes only during your time as an Affiliate, such as to ensure that we are abiding by federal and regional laws and regulations regarding affiliate marketing.
Storing your personal information:
- provide you with a copy of any personal information that we hold, upon your request
How the Affiliate Program works:
You can create specific affiliate links through the 'Promotions' tab in your Affiliate account. Each time someone purchases a paid-for product after following your link, you will be eligible to receive 20% (twenty percent) of the final sale value after discounts have been applied.
We may occasionally offer different rates or fees. If this is ever the case, we will contact you by email with more information.
We reserve the right to reject sales that do not comply with the terms of the Affiliate Program including, but not limited to, sales as a result of clicks from a coupon or voucher site, sales as a result of clicks by bots, sales to yourself.
Payouts become available when your commission reaches the threshold of $20 USD (twenty US Dollars). We review accrued affiliate commission at the start of each month, and will pay out any amounts over $20 USD (twenty US Dollars).
Payments are made via PayPal Goods & Services. Please make sure that your PayPal email address is correct in your Affiliate Account and that you keep your details up to date in your PayPal account too.
You may find it easier to set up your Affiliate account using your PayPal email address, but this is not a requirement. You can have separate customer and Affiliate accounts on our website. Please do not use the same password for both accounts.
If the PayPal email address on your Affiliate account is incorrect then your payment will not reach you. It is your responsibility to update your PayPal email address if you change it. We accept no responsibility for payments made to an incorrect PayPal account where you have provided the account information, and are unable to assist you with any disputes with PayPal.
You can trigger a review request at any time as soon as your commission reaches $20 (twenty US dollars). You can also email us at any time if you have a query about your payments: email@example.com
Other important payment information:
All Affiliate payments are paid gross.
It is your responsibility to declare and pay any tax or insurance due on these payments. Please check your responsibilities before applying to take part in this Program.
By taking part in our Affiliate Program, you indemnify us against any claims, losses, damages or any other liabilities which arise as a result of you not declaring and paying those sums.
You may only earn payouts as long as you are an Affiliate in good standing.
We reserve the right to reject sales that do not comply with the terms of this Agreement including, but not limited to, sales via cashback sites, voucher code sites and other similar organisations; sales found to be fraudulent, automated or made by bots; sales made before the Affiliate joined the Affiliate Program; purchases made by any customer in violation of our terms or of our acceptable use policy.
Your obligations as an affiliate:
You are responsible for:
- knowing and following laws and regulations in your country / state / region / local area
- knowing and following social media platform rules regarding the disclosing and posting of affiliate links
- keeping confidential any information about our business that has been flagged as such in our emails to you
- disclosing that you are an affiliate whenever you share your affiliate link.
This disclosure must be clear and conspicuous, not hidden on a terms page or under a hyperlink. “Affiliate link” is an option, however it is not recommended by the Federal Trade Commission, or by the UK's Advertising Standards Agency. Both government organisations recommend writing something like:
- “I get commission for purchases made through links in this post”
- “Ad” (before or after the link)
- being honest when giving an opinion or review about us or our products. We would prefer that you contact us first if you have had a bad experience to give us an opportunity to make things right, but we encourage you to be honest about your experiences
- respecting our intellectual property, including, but not limited to
- keeping confidential any specifics of pattern pieces or pattern measurements when posting blogs, vlogs, or video sew alongs
- not modifying any of our photos / videos without permission
- ensuring that you include appropriate credit for any re-shares
- operation and maintenance of your own websites and social media pages
We do not expect you to:
- meet any quotas
- guarantee sales
- provide positive reviews, if you did not like something.
(As mentioned above, we would prefer if you could please contact us first to give us a chance to improve things)
Our affiliate relationship with you is non-exclusive. You can partner with other Affiliate Programs, businesses, and organisations.
Our obligations as provider of the Affiliate Program:
- provide you with means to generate unique affiliate links tied to your affiliate account
- provide banners, buttons, or other similar graphics that you can share at your own discretion
- pay out eligible commissions in a timely manner
- communicate any changes to you in a timely manner including, but not limited to:
- changes to the Affiliate Agreement,
- changes to the way the Affiliate Program works,
- planned interruptions to service,
- updates on unplanned interruptions to service,
- and any suspension or termination of the Affiliate Program
- respond to your feedback or suggestions in a timely manner
Our affiliate relationship with you is non-exclusive, and can be terminated on either side at any time.
We are not liable for any breach of laws or terms made by affiliates.
Confidentiality, privacy, and intellectual property:
By taking part in our Affiliate Program, you agree not to disclose any confidential information, whether directly or indirectly, to any third parties, without written consent.
You may request a copy of the personal information we hold on you at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our intellectual property:
We will provide you with promotional images and banners that you can use on your website and in your social media posts.
And, if you are an Affiliate in good standing, you may use any of the images on our website or that we share in our social media posts, as long as:
- the copyright does not belong to a third party (i.e. content that we have reshared with permission of the maker) unless you have the written permission of that third party,
- you make it clear that any of our content that you use is clearly marked as copyright Swoon Patterns,
- you do not use our content in a way that may be confusing to customers,
- you do not modify our intellectual property in any way without our express written permission.
You may quote small sections of the wording on our website for your own website or social media posts. Any lengthy sections of wording must be adapted to ensure they are not an exact match.
This is granted as a non-exclusive, non-transferable license that we may revoke at any time.
Your intellectual property:
We will not use your name or intellectual property without your written permission. If you provide written permission, this will be considered a non-exclusive, non-transferable license from you to us that you can revoke at any time in writing.
We do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised use of your intellectual property by third parties.
Third-party intellectual property:
Our website or social media posts may include intellectual property where the copyright is held by someone else, for which they will have granted us a non-exclusive and non-transferable license. You must request permission from the copyright holder before using their intellectual property. We are not responsible for any breach of copyright by you against third parties.
The term of this Agreement begins when you submit your Affiliate Application to our Affiliate Program. It can be terminated at any time by you or by us. If the agreement is ended by either you or us, any terms that would be expect to carry on after termination will remain in effect.
Termination by you:
You can terminate this agreement for any reason giving 7 days’ notice by emailing us at email@example.com. We will:
- send your outstanding balance via PayPal
- close your affiliate account
Termination by us:
We reserve the right to end an affiliate relationship at our discretion at any time. If this happens, we will:
- notify you by email that your affiliate account has been closed
- send your outstanding balance via PayPal
We specifically reserve the right to terminate this Agreement if you violate any of the terms, including, but not limited, to violating the intellectual property rights of the Company or any third party, failing to comply with applicable laws, legal obligations, or other regulations, and/or publishing or distributing illegal material.
Termination of the Affiliate Program:
We reserve the right to end the affiliate program at our discretion at any time. If this happens, we will:
- notify you by email that the affiliate program has ended
- send your outstanding balance via PayPal
In all instances, if you are using the same login details for your affiliate account and for your customer account, then you will still be able to access your purchases.
If you would like us to close your customer account as well as your affiliate account, please let us know.
Other important terms:
We may from time to time modify this Agreement. If we update or replace the terms of the Agreement we will notify you by email and will post the updated terms to our website. If you do not agree to the updated terms, you can choose to terminate the Agreement.
Nothing contained within this Agreement shall be construed to form any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, or employment relationship. You are an independent contractor and will remain so at all times.
We may need to interrupt your access to the Affiliate Program to perform maintenance on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. Your access may be affected by unanticipated or unscheduled downtime, for any reason, and we do not accept liability for any damage or loss caused as a result of such downtime.
You agree that your use of the Affiliate Program is at your sole and exclusive risk, and that any services provided by us are on an ‘as is’ basis. We make no warranties that the Affiliate Program will meet your needs, or that it will be uninterrupted or error-free.
We have included external links in this Agreement for convenience and for informational purposes only. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy or content of any external sites.
Swoon Patterns Affiliate Agreement - v1.3.1 - 30th July 2022