Atlas Rucksack PDF sewing pattern
Perfect for a hike through the woods or a walk to the farmers market, this unisex design can be made in any style you prefer.
It features adjustable backpack straps and front closure straps, as well as a large front zippered pocket and top carrying/hanging handle.
No printer? No problem. The pattern pieces for The Atlas Rucksack pattern are rectangles, so you do not need a printer to sew this backpack.
Please note: This is a downloadable PDF sewing pattern. Your PDF file will be available after checkout in the Downloads area of your account.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS FOR THE ATLAS RUCKSACK:
14" (35.5 cm) wide
5" (12.7 cm) deep
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE ATLAS RUCKSACK:
- 1/2 yard (46 cm) of heavyweight duck cloth or home decor exterior fabric
- 1 yard (91.5 cm) of 44” (112 cm) wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 1 yard (91.5 cm) of woven or vinyl contrasting fabric
- 5 yards (4.6 m) of 20” (50.8 cm) wide fusible woven interfacing (3 if using vinyl) (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 12” (30.5 cm) all-purpose zipper (front pocket)
- Eight (8) x 1” (2.5 cm) D-rings, O-rings, or rectangle rings
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac) (optional)
- Double-sided basting tape (optional)
- Coordinating thread (all-purpose or heavy duty)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - THE ATLAS RUCKSACK:
What difficulty is the Atlas Rucksack sewing pattern?
Alicia's rating: 2/4 - You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
Can I sell the Atlas Rucksacks that I make?
You MAY sell individual bags handmade by you using this pattern. Use for mass production is prohibited. If you decide to sell your handcrafted Atlas Rucksacks made using this pattern, then we would be grateful if you would mention Swoon Sewing Patterns in your online sales listing.
Is there a video tutorial for the Atlas Rucksack?
Swoon Sewing Patterns do not come with video tutorials, however many of our lovely friends, fans, and followers have recorded live sews, sew alongs, and advice sews. We recommend searching for 'Swoon Patterns Atlas Rucksack' on YouTube to see the latest fan-made videos.
We are currently aware of the following fan-made Atlas Rucksack video:
Need help with sewing your Atlas Rucksack?
Have a question about purchasing, downloading, or printing your pattern?
Please note: The Atlas Rucksack is a downloadable PDF sewing pattern. It is not a finished bag, nor a paper sewing pattern. Your PDF file will be available in the Downloads area of your account immediately after checkout. You will not receive an emailed copy of this sewing pattern; please download the file from your account after checkout.