Louise Barrel Bag
Louise is a stylish and unique take on the timeless barrel bag. The extra long zipper opens wide for easy access and gives the bag its classic shape by snapping to the sides. One interior pocket holds any small items and the pattern includes an optional shoulder strap in addition to the handles. Instructions are included for using both vinyl and woven fabrics.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- 1/3 yard (30cm) 44” wide quilting weight exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard (45cm) 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 1/2 yard (45cm) woven or vinyl contrasting fabric
- 1/3 yard (30cm) foam interfacing (Pellon Flexfoam FF77)
- 1/4 yard (20cm) fusible fleece (Pellon Thermolam TP971F)
- 1/3 yard (30cm) fusible web (Pellon WonderUnder 805)
- 1/4 yard (2.20cm) fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F)
- 2 1/2 yards (2.25m) fusible woven interfacing (Pellon Shapeflex SF101)
- 16” (40cm) all-purpose zipper (Main Zipper)
- 7” (18cm) all-purpose zipper (Lining Pocket)
- Four 3/4” (19mm) rectangle rings
- Two snap fasteners
- Two 1/2” (12mm) D-rings or O-rings (Shoulder Strap) (optional)
- Two 3/4” (19mm) swivel clips (Shoulder Strap) (optional)
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabritac) (optional)
- Coordinating thread
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 3/4
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.
Write Your Own Review