Sandra Saddle Bag
Sandra is a 70's inspired saddle bag sewing pattern featuring an exterior slip pocket with dart tucks for extra room and an interior zippered pocket. She is easy to carry with an adjustable long crossbody strap. Instructions are included for both non-fraying vinyl or woven fabric. A magnetic snap closure is sewn into the bottom seam to flip up and attach to the exterior of the flap, keeping your belongings secure and the bag easy to open and close.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
9" wide, 9.5" tall, 3.75" deep
- 1/2 yard 44” wide woven quilting weight or vinyl exterior fabric
(2/3 yard for directional fabric or 1 yard if using exterior fabric for the Strap)
- 1 yard 44” wide quilting weight lining fabric
- 2 yards fusible midweight interfacing (Pellon Craftfuse 808)
- 1/2 yard 45” wide fusible fleece interfacing (Pellon Thermolam TP971F)
(For a more structured bag, you can use foam interfacing instead)
- Scrap (5” x 5”) of fusible stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71F) (for woven only)
- One 1” strap slide and two 1” rectangle rings
- One 6” (or longer) all-purpose zipper
- One thin magnetic snap
- Coordinating thread
- Fabric clips (Binder Clips, Wonder Clips) (Optional)
- Fabric glue (Beacon Fabri-tac) (Optional)
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 2/4
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.