Bonnie Bucket Bag
Bonnie is a slouchy hobo-style bag featuring a recessed zipper main closure and exterior double welt pocket. Display two different fabric prints on the exterior, or give her a store-bought look by using one fabric for the exterior with contrasting top stitching. The oval-shaped bottom allows room for nearly anything!
New downloads now include instructions for a drawstring hack (Nov 2020 onwards)! The drawstring hack file is also available in the Files section of the Swoon Patterns Facebook Group.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
- 14" wide (at top)
- 12" tall
- 6" deep
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight Main Exterior fabric
- 1/2 yard 44” wide quilting weight Basic Exterior (or solid) fabric
- 2/3 yards 44” wide quilting weight Lining fabric
- 2.5 yards woven fusible interfacing (Pellon Shape-flex SF-101)
- 1/4 yard heavy sew-in stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 70)
- 15” (or longer) all-purpose zipper (main compartment)
- 7” all-purpose zipper (welt pocket, zipper is optional)
- Two 1.5” o-rings or 1” rectangle loops
- Coordinating thread
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: 2/4
You should already be somewhat familiar with sewing patterns and common sewing terms.
You MAY sell bags you make with this pattern.